VERIFICATION OF DEEDS (MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, POWER OF ATTORNEY, INHERITANCE AND SINGLE STATUS CERTIFICATE)
- Every citizen of Afghanistan shall undergo the following process to get their Marriage Certificate, Power of Attorney, Inheritance and Single Status Declaration verified:
- Preparation of the original document in the Court of Documentation and Record of his/her hometown in the capital and provinces;
- Translation of the documents into English in an authorized translation agency;
- Approval of the English translation by the Department of Government Cases of MoJ;
- When presenting the documents to MoFA, the person should have the originals, their copies and the copies of the English translations; and
- Verification of the document by MoFA;
- A (200 AF) document processing fee will be collected.
FOLLOW-UP OF DEEDS AND OTHER ATTESTED DOCUMENTS IN THE DIPLOMATIC AND CONSULATES MISSIONS OF AFGHANISTAN ABROAD
- A person who attests or receives a document or deed (Marriage Certificate, Power of Attorney, Inheritance, Single Status Declaration) from the Diplomatic or Consulate Missions of Afghanistan abroad, shall track his/her document based on the letter number in the Directorate General of Communication and Archives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; and
- While referring to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, upon the receipt of assurance from arrival of the letter in Kabul, the person shall submit the letter number he/she has received from the embassy and consulate general along with the original and copy of the document for verification to the section of Verification of Foreign Documents of the Directorate General of Consular Affairs at MoFA.
- The entire attestation and verification process is free of charge