VERIFICATION OF EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTS
- Every Afghan citizen that has studied in one of Afghanistan’s the educational institutions initially must refer to the relevant ministry for his/her educational documents (for schools and teacher training institutions’ certificates to the Ministry of Education and for Universities’ diploma to the Ministry of Higher Education), and thereafter must submit it along with an official letter to the Directorate General of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for verification;
- The approved letter from the relevant ministry along with copy of the document shall be handed over to the Consular Affairs for verification; and
- A Document Processing Fee (100AFG) shall be collected.
VERIFICATION OF EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENT IN ABROAD
- Each Afghan Citizen who studied in one of the academic institutions abroad, his/her document shall require to be approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the host country and then must be submitted for attestation to the Embassy or Consulate General of Afghanistan in the host country for verification;
- After attestation by Afghanistan’s missions abroad, it will be sent it along with an official correspondence to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- While referring to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs upon the receipt of assurance from arrival of the letter in Kabul, the person shall submit the letter number he/she has received from the embassy or consulate general along with the original copy of the educational documents to the Foreign Educational Documents Verification Section of the Directorate General of Consular Affairs at MoFA;
- The Directorate General of Consular Affairs shall send the educational documents to the Ministry of Higher Education or Ministry of Education for final processing; and
- The entire attestation and verification process is free of charge.