RENUNCIATION PROCESS OF AFGHAN CITIZENSHIP
- To obtain the guidance of an authorized person (Ambassador or Consul at Afghanistan Mission abroad) in order to submit their request for the renunciation of their Afghan Citizenship,
- To fill out a three (3) page required forms for renouncing their Afghan Citizenship to be accompanied by the verification and seal of the Afghanistan Mission abroad;
- To submit fingerprint of all fingers of both hands (in two (2) specific forms designated for fingerprints) with the verification and seal of the Afghanistan Mission abroad;
- To copy and submit all pages of their ID card (Tazkera) with the approval of Population Registration Department of Afghanistan
- To Provide Police Clearance or No Objection Certificate;
- The Department of Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship and Verification of Identity will send the aforementioned documents to the Citizenship Commission of MoJ. Thereafter, based on the rights and duties of all citizens and the Citizenship Law, the Commission will send the matter to the relevant authorities to address financial, civil, legal and criminal responsibilities Upon the arrival of the response, it will be sent to the Council of Ministers for the preparation of the President Order; and
- The President Order with regard to the renunciation of citizenship shall be forwarded to Afghanistan Missions abroad through MoFA for further executions.