There is no translation available.
THE PROCESS OF OBTAINING AFGHAN CITIZENSHIP
- To obtain the guidance of an authorized person (Ambassador or Consul at Afghanistan Mission abroad) or MoFA in order to submit their request for the renunciation of their native citizenship,
- To fill out a three (3) page required forms for getting Afghan Citizenship to be accompanied by the verification and seal of the Afghanistan Mission abroad;
- To submit fingerprint of all fingers of both hands (in two (2) specific forms designated for fingerprints) with the verification and seal of the Afghanistan Mission abroad;
- To copy and submit copies of their Marriage Certificate approved by the issuing centers;
- To copy and submit copies of their passport and Entry Visa;
- To copy all pages of the ID Card approved by the Population Registration Department of Afghanistan should be submitted;
- The Department of Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship and Verification of Identity will send the aforementioned documents to the Citizenship Commission of MoJ. Thereafter, based on the rights and duties of all citizens and the Citizenship Law, the Commission will send the matter to the relevant authorities to address financial, civil, legal and criminal responsibilities. Upon the arrival of the response, it will be sent to the Council of Ministers for the preparation of the President Order; and
- The President Order shall be sent to the MoFA and MoI and other relevant authorities by the Citizenship Commission.